Friday, November 7, 2008

My experience using particles in UT3

My experience was one of enjoyment and excitement doing particles in UT3. It was enjoyable because the endless possibilites it and it was all about trial and error. There were things that worked and such as many things that did work. But that is the beauty of particles. Seing something that works and looks like the real thing.

One of the aspect that i did find quite hard was to make the particlesa look at react as they do in the real world. I think some of my particles, look good but not great, but with more knowledge about how particles work, then the better it will become.

I based some of my particles on the inbuilt particles in UT3 (mist), but most were trial and error.

Overall i like it and would like to look more into particles in the future.

No comments: